Menu
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor mobile signal at home - EE problem?

Thanks to Kelly_M and her team for liaising with me privately on this local issue. It has been largely resolved as the two mast locations in question have been attended to and reception has improved.

0 Kudos
JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Not according to EE are they fixed yet, their status checker for L25 5NG is still showing as there are problems and will be fixed in "16 hours", I have seen that same page for over 8 WEEKS now.

enlli
Problem sorter
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Problem with L25 5NG is the trees on the embankment of the old Cheshire Line blocking signal from the United Utilities site. They need to be lopped but that requires access permission and the willingness of Sustrans who work in partnership with Network Rail who still own the site.

0 Kudos
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

My issue (I started this thread) was in RM6 postcode area, so you've effectively now appropriated this thread with your own L25 issue - which I don't terribly mind about, but you might be better off starting your own seperate thread. Hope your issue gets sorted soon.

Maplewell
Joining in
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly

We are in Le12 8sg and have poor reception at home. Sometimes texts take hours to arrive and often incoming calls are going to voicemail without ringing.

We have lived in this village for many years and not had this problem until we moved higher up the hill!

WizOZ
Fibre optic
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Try 2/3/4G settings v signal - one frequency make work better. Further try manual network settings with 2/3/4G.

Manual will lock you down to old T-Mobile base stations. Automatic will allow you to use the minimal Orange base stations rolled into EE’s main T-Mobile network. (Location dependent though, I’m surrounded by vast number of old Orange and minimal old T-Mobile base stations).
0 Kudos
Maplewell
Joining in
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gobmeister.

Sorry I have just done the same thing. 

My understanding was that thread forum topics were open topics whereas individual support tickets are private. I got here by search as I thought the etiquette was to do that before raising new individual enquires. 

Once again apologies. I am old  school enough to remember etiquette wars on billboards so I hope that I haven't caused offence.

Cheers

John

APB
Joining in
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to re-open the thread, but Virgin mobile (and for others EE) signal strength has collapsed here for the last 2-4 weeks so that phobe reception at home has gone from excellent to connecting only by the windows.  Our postcode is BA2 7PF.  Coudl someone from the forum team please investigate.  Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi APB,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the signal issues you've been having. 

I have had a look into your area to see if there is anything that could be affecting this. 

I can see that the mast closest to you is showing as 'Dead' this does mean that it isn't in use anymore. 

You do have other masts in the area that you should be able to connect to. 

Have you tried doing a manual network search? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
APB
Joining in
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for your reply and the nearest mast showing as dead would certainly explain the issue.  I had not previously tried a manual network search and thanks for the suggestion.  However I jave just tried - having selected "Virgin" I regret there was no improvement in signal strength.

In parallel with this post I asked support via the text messaging service and they said yesterday evening that the mast (I believe it is EE57375 Norton St Philip) was "degraded" rather than "dead" so could it be under maintenance rather than permanently shut down?  Or do I have to admit that signal strength has permanently dropped here and either switch networks or buy and install a signal booster?

Best regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos