cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor data and broadband

Paulabliddell
Joining in

My family have been with virgin for broadband and mobiles for about 15 years but the last month or so the service is terrible. Both mobile and broadband are intermittent. I haven't seen 5G connect at all on my phone during the past month.

I called and they said they EE were working on a tower. How long does it take???

Is anyone else experiencing this in Preston, Lancs, or anywhere in general? 

Will have to leave virgin if doesn't improve soon!

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As part of the O2 merger.... VM are supposedly migrating all users from EE to the O2 network by the end of September.

Perhaps yours has been done already and you are in a poor O2 signal area ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paulabliddell,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been facing issues with both your Mobile and Broadband, in regards to the Mobile issues, as advised we have now moved over to O2, what is the connection like in your Area on our Network?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for your reply. I think it must have been done already and is the reason why everything is so bad. It just took me 20minutes and 3 tries to add money to my daughter's school account 😩. It's so frustrating especially because it was not my decision to switch networks. 

We are sorry the Network isn't great in your area causing your issues, the decision was made as a company as we are now part of the same company.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that virgin are switching over to O2 and I think this must be the reason for the poor mobile data. The connection in my area is very inconsistent. It drops all the time and has just taken me 20 minutes to add money into my daughter's school account. On Friday I was trying to charge my car but couldn't log onto the app to initiate the charge. It's very frustrating! I used to get 5g but I don't get that at all now, 4g drops all the time and quite often I see 'h' instead. 

Two weeks ago my phone was even showing as being on Vodafone network and I got a message to say I was roaming. I was at home!

Any advice would be appreciated before I consider changing from virgin.

Thanks Paula 

Hi Paula,

So I can look further into this for you and see if you have been changed over and that you have our latest Sim I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.