Menu
Pam13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture Messages

Can anybody help with some tips for getting picture messaging working again on my phone? Recently upgraded phone and Virgin also said SIM needed upgraded. Since then I've not been able to receive or send MMS messages.

Not sure what best to do to reactivate them. Anyone with any pointers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Messages

best to look at this sticky thread.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-Purple-Virgin-Mobile-SIM-and-need-the-APN-set...

picture messsages are MMS, you can try texting ALL to 789922 first, you should get a reply or 2 with the settings to download/apply.

By the way, if you're not aware, picture messages cost 50p to send. Lots of people avoid that cost by using 3rd party messaging apps like facebook messenger or whatsapp, but of course not all of their contacts might be using services like that.

0 Kudos
Pam13
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Messages

Thanks paulchambers061 for the links. I had been looking for something like that but it hadn't come up so I appreciate that. I'll give those solutions a go.

I have to admit to not using MMS myself, or rather very rarely, due to the cost but I have a couple of people on iPhones with other accounts that do sometimes send me pictures.

Thanks again 

0 Kudos