cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won’t make outbound calls over Wifi calling or LTE

samwatling
Joining in

Hi there

Recently, my wife’s Samsung S21 has stopped being able to make outgoing calls over Wifi Calling or VoLTE. Inbound works fine, but all calls made outbound start to dial then end with the phone making 3 beep sounds and hanging up.

Outbound calls work fine over 2G and 3G networks (ie with wifi calling and volte turned off).

We’ve reset network settings and turned both settings off and on again but it makes no difference.

Is this likely to be something technical on the account which is at fault? This was working fine until January this year.

Sam

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which network provider is your wife's phone with?

In other words - is this a Virgin Mobile query, and the post should be in that section (don't post again, we can move it)

Or is this because your broadband is with VM?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes this is a Virgin Mobile query. Apologies if this is in the wrong section…

Anonymous
Not applicable

What router do you have, and did Wi-Fi calling work previously? Around 18 months ago I purchased a router and Wi-Fi calling wouldn’t work with the router (can’t remember the brand). I’m wondering if this is a router-specific issue or mobile provider related?

I was with Virgin Mobile briefly when they started Wi-Fi calling and found it very unreliable. 

Hi there. It’s a Google Wifi solution. Worked fine until January this year (had it well before then). As I say, inbound calls work fine (over the wifi calling)…

Also wifi calling works fine on other devices on the same wifi…

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @samwatling,

Welcome! thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your Wifi calling.

I located your account and can see this was resolved for you yesterday, can you confirm?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi there

we thought this was fixed but resetting the network settings just turned off wifi calling (which makes everything work, inbound and outbound). Turning on wifi calling again means outbound calls don’t work (inbound is fine)

So unfortunately not resolved I’m afraid! Please can you check if there’s a technical reason why outbound wifi or volte calls aren’t working for my wife’s number?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @samwatling,

The account I located was for you, does your wife have her own account with us?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

Her number is on my account (Family Plan)? Does that help? Number ending 793.

Sam

Sorry ending 479!