Highlighted
DAMIEN95
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone signal coverage.

Hi, 

Please can somebody help me out.

Ive moved to a area with not great coverage even though it says on the coverage  map its decent.

I get 1 bar 99.9% i have zero bars. I rang virgin up they ran me through the mobile settings then select network. I did that no diffremce. 

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone signal coverage.

Only thing you can do is move to another provider which doesnt use EE

0 Kudos
DAMIEN95
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was with ee before then moved to sky mobile who promised coverage and now im with virgin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Worth seeing what the Ofcom coverage checker gives you. 

The maps supplied by the networks are computer predictions and can be unreliable.

My phone is dual SIM running 3 and EE. Both are supposed to have very good indoor and outdoor signal where my daughter lives, truth is both struggle with signal at all, both indoor and outdoor. Thankfully, my 3 SIM has Wifi Calling 

EE and Virgin may have slightly different signal as Virgin do not have access to EE's 800Mhz 4G

DAMIEN95
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou!

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jb66 wrote:

Only thing you can do is move to another provider which doesnt use EE

Not true. Others have pointed out the obvious WRT WiFi calling & 800Mhz. The EE website coverage map has a long-standing bug (I think) where it can reports the 4G800-inclusive coverage regardless of which phone you tell it you're using. The Virgin website map correctly reports the non-800 service and "should" be reasonably accurate.

The Ofcom map (https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage) is, in my experience, fairly accurate but again includes 4G800 for the EE-predictions. There's ultimately no substitute for trying networks-out in a particular area before committing.

0 Kudos