cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number barred

RyanB95
Tuning in

I'm having issues when trying to call a contact. Within 12 hours I've gone from being able to call the number to it being barred. I can still text and Whatsapp the person so it's not a blocking issue, I've removed the number and re-entered it, and tried a different format with no luck. Saw on this community people have had similar issues with no real answer so I'm guessing it's something that has to be resolved on an individual basis. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RyanB95

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing calling a contact, I'm sorry for any frustration this has caused. Just to clarify - is the problem happening when you call from a mobile or a landline? Do you receive any messages stating "calls to this number are barred"?

If the issue you are experiencing is from your mobile, have you checked things on your account here https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login?

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

It is from a mobile device and that exact message is being stated.

I had checked on my account to see if there were any outstanding bills or records of this number but nothing appeared out of the ordinary. I've tested other numbers calling and they all go through ok.

Thanks,
Ryan

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for letting me know. What make a model of phone are you using?

Kind regards,

Serena

It's a Samsung Note 9.

Thanks,
Ryan

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for confirming this. Have you tried turning off Call Barring on the handset by following these steps:

Press the menu icon. Press Settings. Press More settings. Press Call barring.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena