cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps saying refreshing sim data New phone not new sim.

EmmaO
On our wavelength

Hello I got a new phone delivered today from virgin mobile. I an still using my old virgin mobile sim.

Since yesterday the virgin sim card in my old phone kept saying sim card refreshing data. The sim card stopped working  cant call or text. 

I put this sim card in new phone s20 fe 4g when It arrived today. And it's doing the same thing. Not working saying refreshing sim data. 

Iv noticed other people have the same issue but not seen the solution on the community as you always pm the person. 

Anyway please can you look into this and make it so I can actually use my sim card with my phone please. 

20 REPLIES 20

Hi EmmaO,

Thank you for keeping us updated. 

We need to do some further checks and so what I will do is private message you to ask some questions. 

^Martin

EmmaO
On our wavelength

SOLUTION!!!

Ask virgin media if the phone mask in your area is working.

The Customers service agent on the phone explained- 

THE PHONE MASK HAS BEEN BROKEN NEAR ME AND IS STILL BROKEN

I LIVE AT HA8 0AJ. 

I thought it may be the case as last monday to higate and got signal. 

I'm just sharing this info for anyone that may be in similar situation.

It's extremely wrong and  illegal that they do not inform customers of broken masks in their area. Infact the a network status search virgin media says there are no known issues. 

It strange because everytime this happens with 02 they text repeatedly to inform customers.

I wonder if this has anything to do with compensating customers? 

I Wish they had just said that the mask was down rather than saying it might be the sim card ect.

I remember this being something  orange mobile( now I'm showing my age 🙂 ) used to  do years ago when I lived in N1and the masks kept breaking. 

Anyway a big thank you to the customer service agent on the phone. He also suggested turning on WiFi calling/texts for when you are home. 

This means you can't use your data and that it doesn't work when You leave the house. Unless you go some where that connects to a different mask to the broken one near your home. You also can't use it if you have no WiFi obviously. 

I luckily had a contract with 02 ending so I kept that airtime 30 day rolling sim for £14 and recieved it back as compensation from virgin media. 

They did try to say their policy is to refund when the problem is resolved so that 'I don't keep calling up'.

However after a little pushing and explaining of monthly charges and direct debits they did give me the refund. 

• I really hope this helps someone . 

Hi EmmaO thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry your issue is ongoing.  Regrettably we cannot speed up the resolution, however I can feedback the issue of not getting a clear and precise answer.

Regards

Lee_R

What about WiFi calling?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi n_s_simpson,

We recommend using WiFi calling to make calls and texts if you are unable to call or text in the usual way due to a mast being broken 🙂

Hope that helps,

Serena

What about if you have connected to home wifi and still getting not registered on network, I thought it was just me that has been having problems with 'not registered on network', mine has been going on for weeks but put it down to living in a village and signal often rubbish?

Hi SuezyQ,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you too are having issue with not being registered on the network on Mobile Data and also when using WIFI.

So we are able to help by running some further checks I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope once received.

Regards

Paul.

EmmaO
On our wavelength

So I still have no signal and not registered in network in HA8 0AJ on my phone. Which is frustrating. I did email virgin mobile about how I wouldn't of signed up to  a mobile phone / broadband package or mobile phone credit agreement for a new phone had I known there was no signal in my area. Virging media/mobile are guilty of misselling these services and product to me. 

In addition I'm still paying 02 for airtime. I haven't been credited the £14 per month agreed for this. 

I sent and email a while go about my complaint about this. Virgin mobile keep sending me letters to say case close complaint resolved. And I keep emailing back saying  no its not. I emailed a list of issues and what I feel would be fair  compensation for this. I have not recieved a response. 

I can't understand the lack of signal. Does this mean the mast is still broken after all these months ? 

I am happy to send screen shots in private chat to representitives of  virgin mobile. 

Also I cannot create an account for virgin mobile. Don't know why but would like some help to do that. 

Is there a way to contact virgin mobile other than telephone or this forum? 

Also I recieved a letter to say I haven't payed for my virgin mobile credit agreement this month. I've been trying to set up direct debit. I don't see anywhere online I can do that. I do not want to be in default for this when the issue is I have no idea how to pay rather than can't or won't. 

Can someone from virgin media respond to me about these issues.

Hi @EmmaO,

I've checked the area/post code you've provided and there aren't any issues with the coverage or masts currently being reported there to explain why you wouldn't be getting any signal.

Is it possible for you to insert the SIM card into a different handset to see if the issue remains?

With the O2 airtime you're referring to, you'd need to speak with O2 directly about that.

In regards to the online account for Virgin Mobile, what issues are you having when you attempt to set one up exactly?

As for the Direct Debit for your credit agreement, it'd be best to speak with the team on 0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset) about this and they'll be able to help you set that up.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like a big outage. Still down

Not sure what Virgin were checking, possibly Vodafone and not EE

Screenshot_20211210-085849_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks