Menu
crisfnx
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone faulty, 4th time in for repair

Hi

So a little bit of context. 

Last year I started a new pay monthly contract with Virgin Media for a Sony Xperia XZ1. Within about 2 months of getting the phone I experienced a fault, it would not charge at all and eventually the phone was just dead. So I went through all the loops and did the whole repair process, my phone was sent back repaired and it worked fine again... for a about a month. A few weeks after the first repair, the same issue came back, so rinse and repeat I did the whole repair process again (this time however they messed up my address and I had to go about 4 weeks without my phone), be that as it may I eventually received it back and it was repaired. This happened to me 3 times, and eventually I got my phone back and it's been working fine for a good few months now.

Anyway 2 days ago my phone had the same issue. Now I told them that is clearly a fault with the device and I can't keep sending it back for repairs, each time I am without a phone for at least a week and I have all my data wiped, and after it comes back, its fine for a few months then i get the same issue.

I tried to explain to the agent that I would like them to replace my phone as this is clearly happening far to often and the repair only seem like temporary solution before it happens again. 

I was told that because I don't have insurance on my phone, the only option was for them to repair it yet again, or for me to buy out the remainder of my contract for £400 odd. I kept telling the lady that I was not happy with it being repaired again, because its the 4th time with the same issue. Eventually she HUNG UP ON ME re-iterating that those where my only options (I was not rude, I was calm and kept saying that it kept breaking after the repairs, yet she kept insisting those where my only options, please if someone has the phone recording they can re-iterate this and I don't know whey she felt the need to hang up on me, very rude).

Eventually I called back after feeling defeated and asked them to send the repair pack. I was wondering what I options I had at this point and if there is something I can do? Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

0 Kudos
crisfnx
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone faulty, 4th time in for repair

Guess no one is willing to help, will try the ombudsmen, surely must be some of consumer rights protection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone faulty, 4th time in for repair

Hi crisfnx, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the handset issues.

With regards to a resolution with this, your options going forward would either be a repair via us or seeking a second opinion directly from the phone manufacturer 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos