cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone does not work, new sim not received

Paris26
Joining in

Hello! I am working abroad and received news that I needed to change my sim, my family sent this sim to me however it’s being held by customs and my phone has stopped working. Could a replacement sim be sent directly to where I am at the moment? I am unable to make or receive any calls and use my mobile package and so I cannot call the numbers 150 or 0345454111. Help needed! Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paris26

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We're only able to send the SIM to UK addresses. I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the quick response, do you have any suggestions for how I can use my phone? Otherwise I am paying for a service that I cannot use, which doesn’t make sense? Or would it be possible to reinstate the existing Sim already in my phone?

Thanks! 
Paris

Has customs advised if/when they will release the SIM card to you? We would be unable to activate the previous SIM card if this has been deactivated. 

^Martin

Customs, has said it could take weeks and is uncertain when it will be released. I’m not sure why my SIM card was deactivated by virgin or if it has been. What would virgin suggest?

I can take a look at the account for you. 

I will private message you to confirm some details. 

^Martin