cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls unclear

Gonzale57
Joining in

Recently joined with Virgin mobile, my calls are unclear and keep dropping. My callers cannot hear me clearly. I dialled a number from my contacts and it changed the dialling code to Belgium. 
there is only 2 bars on the single. Please help, I went to my local Virgin shop in Wolverhampton and they are both closed, even though it is advertised as open.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gonzale57, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've had these issues with your mobile service since joining.

I understand the issue with the dialling code changing to Belgium is common with VM users on iPhone, please give these steps a try:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

If National is not there choose Virgin, then reboot the handset.

However the issues with calls is probably not related to that so may require further investigation. Have you noticed if this is happening everywhere, or in certain locations? Have you been able to try the SIM in another handset - or another SIM in your handset - to see if that helps narrow down the problem?

Please keep us updated.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gonzale57, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've had these issues with your mobile service since joining.

I understand the issue with the dialling code changing to Belgium is common with VM users on iPhone, please give these steps a try:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

If National is not there choose Virgin, then reboot the handset.

However the issues with calls is probably not related to that so may require further investigation. Have you noticed if this is happening everywhere, or in certain locations? Have you been able to try the SIM in another handset - or another SIM in your handset - to see if that helps narrow down the problem?

Please keep us updated.

Tom 

Still having problems with phone signal, loads of interference and calls dropping off. New handset ordered in August 23rd, very frustrating. My brother is in hospital after suffering a stroke and unable to communicate with family. Because of unclear line and calls dropping off!  Unable to try sim in other handset and don’t have a second sim to try in this phone.  Do I need a new SIM card.  Been having this problem since day 1. This is getting very frustrating. People have stopped ringing me, because of the frustration of hearing me. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Did you manage to follow the steps provided above? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

I do not have another sim to try or another handset.  This phone has been playing up since day 1.  I was unable to receive phone calls, I was told it was because my number was being ported. I think there is a problem with my sim.  Who can I contact to get this sorted.  There are no Virgin shops open anymore, my brother is in hospital and I need to be able to communicate with him. Sometimes when I use my phone it freezes and I cannot get it to work. Somebody please help. 

Hello Gonzale57

I am more than happy to take a look at getting a new sim sent out 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L