cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call no sound

vcarrabin
Joining in

I have an intermittent problem when receiving calls on my mobile. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. Often they hang up and call back and this fixes the problem. I also try restarting my handset but the problem still recurs.

I use a galaxy A10 handset but also tried the SIM in an iPhone 5s and got the same problem.

It has happened in different locations and at with different callers.  It is not a signal issue as the call connects fine but there is absolutely no sound at all from the start of the call.

It's having an affect now I'm working from home and I am missing work calls. Help please.

78 REPLIES 78

Caravan_Man
Joining in

I've had the same phone with Virgin Mobile for about 6 years but only started experiencing this problem about a week ago. Sometimes callers cant hear me and sometimes I cant hear them.

I assumed it was a problem with my phone as it's old so I bought a new one from Virgin Mobile and it arrived today. Unfortunately I'm experiencing exactly the same intermittent problem on the new one!

Having now discovered this thread, I guess I'll send the new phone back within the 14 day period and go to another provider.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Caravan_Man

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly look into this for you. 

May sound very obvious, but have you rebooted your phone and turned it back on again to see if the issue still occurs? 

You may also find this link helpful to fix your phone? 

Is it just the sound that's a bit funny or is there any other issue? 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I have restarted both phones but I still get the same problem on about one call in every 3. I have already switched off wifi calling as this was suggested previously.

I followed your link but it cant be a problem with the phone as it happens on both of them (one of which is brand new and only arrived today)

I haven't noticed any other issues on either phone.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Is it the same model and make of phone? If so which phone is it? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My old phone is a Sumsung Galaxy A5 (which is 4 years old, and not 6yrs as I originally said).
My new phone is a Sumsung Galaxy A42 (which is new today).

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, have you kept the same SIM in the phone the whole time? Or have you changed SIM's when upgrading phones? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

No I've kept the same phone number and just moved my existing SIM from my old phone to my new one.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay in that case then it might be that you need a new SIM. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can take a look into this for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to PM's 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

madheaduk
On our wavelength
WC +100 for this comment it is spot on. We have two VM numbers and we've been having this same issue for a long time but has got progressively worst recently.
to be perfectly honest getting all your customers to turn off standard phone feature like wifi calling is absolute garbage!!
VM Please get some new coders in from O2 perhaps they can fix it for you ;-0

madheaduk
On our wavelength

@sasha This is a really big problem with your network. To keep telling people to reboot their phone or turn off wifi is not the answer...

So could you please email [REMOVED] to escalate this fault which is affecting all of your customers.

I have been with VM for years and this "have to tried turning it off and on again is getting very very old old..."

MOD EDIT