cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call no sound

vcarrabin
Joining in

I have an intermittent problem when receiving calls on my mobile. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. Often they hang up and call back and this fixes the problem. I also try restarting my handset but the problem still recurs.

I use a galaxy A10 handset but also tried the SIM in an iPhone 5s and got the same problem.

It has happened in different locations and at with different callers.  It is not a signal issue as the call connects fine but there is absolutely no sound at all from the start of the call.

It's having an affect now I'm working from home and I am missing work calls. Help please.

78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been having this problem and I have a Samsung S9 though I have just moved to an S21 5G but not really made or received any calls yet.

Xiomi Poco X3 here, issues with both 'old' and new (Tuesday) SIM.

Samsung A5 2017 had some issues before.

Spoke to the overseas service team this afternoon, he was super excited when I gave him the IT number, he then passed me to  Bletchley Park super hub. They were super excited as he said they needed more people to give them information, though they were aware of the issue.

His colleague was so excited she was going to call me back between 4.30 and 6pm.on the landline to carry out some tests.

Trouble was the sun is shining and it's Friday afternoon, so my time was wasted.

I even carried out some tests beforehand calling people to whom calls had failed recently from various locations, so I could give VM this info. I can't remember all the details now. Needless to say there were 2 failed calls.

Though why should I bother when VM can't be ?. 

We are currently looking into this issue and as soon as we have any further updates we will post here. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Ayisha_B wrote:

We are currently looking into this issue and as soon as we have any further updates we will post here. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Too late I'm afraid.

I remember those same words during both the email debacles. It seemed that email was seen by Virgin as a " free" add on, so customers having to change their password  50 times didn't matter. Several months of being spam bombed and my address book accessed by the spammers, "We are currently looking into this issue" " have you tried changing your password?" Maybe it is the device you are using, have you re booted it ? Are you on the latest version of the software?

Same old, same old.

Maybe Virgin see phone calls as a 'free' add on for a mobile PHONE. We are only selling data.

I've joined EE, with a download speed double most other operators and phone conversations that work both ways.... 

I'm still waiting for Debbie to call me 4.30 to 6pm on Friday.

BYE.

Hi misterdog,

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving us because of this. 

The issue remains open and as soon as we have any update we will continue to update this thread for the other users still with us. 

We understand you need to do what's right for you. All the best with your new provider. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am having this problem all the time for both incoming and dialed calls. Either I can't hear them or they can't hear me. Often needs 2 or 3 redials and it can happen midway through a call as well. So frustrating.

I'm so sorry to hear this @jamescoulton we are currently still working on this issue. I am so sorry that this is causing you frustrations, but we will update this thread as soon as we have a fix for this.

Thank you. 

Lee_R,

It is not just Apple devices. Mine is a 5G Xiaomi 10T Lite phone and THREE new ones were tried from family (were still boxed). EE and O2 SIMS work fine and Wifi calling appeared and VodaF sell my model for their own network customers. You don't need to reply to my statement for support as Laurie/Martin_N dealing with.

Thanks....

Ha Ha, you can't even leave VM without a Keystone cops performance.

Got a PAC code which I gave to EE new number porting tomorrow night.

I the get a text from VM saying they would charge me £ 33 for leaving on the wrong day.....Been with you for around 10 years - Thanks.

So I rang, eventually spoke to someone, I'll just put you on hold while I look at your account....

She came back off hold, hello,hello are you there? 

yes, I am.

Hello hello are you there ?

Yes,.................................etc etc etc.

This is why I'm leaving, because a phone conversation has to be a 2 way by definition.

I'd be better off with 2 tin cans and a piece of string.

To be fair she then rang me back but still seemed oblivious of the issue ( Virgin policy methinks)

I gave her the IT number for the issue......

Have you tried rebooting your phone ?

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset?

Are you on the latest firmware?

Can you jump through 25 hoops while we blame anything but ourselves ? We cant admit fault or else people will want compo.....

Can you hear me ?

Hello are you there?

Debbie in network HQ is so desperate to talk to customers about the issue she still hasn't called me back since last Friday.

I'm on EE now so nice knowing you.

So I can stop ticking the box 'to remember me' on this forum which appears to do nothing, and no I shall not be completing the 'how did we do today' quiz.

BYE. x