cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and text have different numbers

jamesmhe
Tuning in

Hello.

I hope someone can please help with this?

I bought a Virgin sim only package for my existing phone (which was with Three).. I got my PAC and sent it to Virgin who changed the number over last week - all works well. However, I discovered today that when I send a text it is showing as originated from the original number that the sim had before the PAC code was applied to it - so I have now my correct number when I ring out or receive calls, and my number with the original SIM when I send texts out - but I can receive them on my good number.

So in a nutshell - my outgoing text is different to my phone number..

Hope this makes sense

Thanks for any help you can give

James

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there James, 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here!

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue! 

Can I ask what phone you have?

Have you updated the mobile number in the settings?

Thank you

Hi thanks for the prompt reply

The phone is a Redmi Note 8

I didn't know that I had to update the settings but I will try it now and let you know

Thank you.

Please do try this and let us know!

Hello again

I have added the correct number to the SIM - it now says Virgin for the 'name' and my new number for the 'number'. I have rebooted the phone and it still doesn't work... 😞

I'm sorry that hasn't worked for you James and thank you for trying.

I will send you a PM now so we can look into this for you further, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.