Menu
goldieboldie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone Restricted

Hi, I've recently upgraded my phone and tariff and kept my old number. I now have a shinny new phone, my old phone was a Nokia asha 300. I have got a payg sim card from GiffGaff and have placed this in my Nokia phone and have activated the sim card online through the GiffGaff website. The problem I have is my Nokia phone has the message of "Phone Restricted !". If i press the undo button it asked me for the restriction code which I have no idea what it is.   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Restricted

Hi goldieboldie, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear of the situation that you are in here. I just need to confirm a few things to be able to answer your problem. The phone you have taken out, is it with ourselves or someone else? If not then it sounds like the phone is locked to the network that provided it, which then would be us. Another way you can solve this is porting your number into ourselves on one of our SIMS. I hope that helps. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
goldieboldie
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your reply. I managed to sort out a different way with my phone situation. My old virgin phone (nokia Asha 300) I upgraded to a iphone (still on Virgin) and kept my number. I purchased a Virgin PAYG sim and put that in my old Nokia phone which all works well. Since then I got a GiffGaff sim card for my son's phone and wanted the same for my Nokia phone as GiffGaff are offering a better tariff. Anyway I put the GiffGaff sim card in my Nokia phone and it's come up restricted. I've now found an old unlocked iphone and put the GiffGaff sim card in that one and kept the virgin sim card in my old Nokia. So kind of sorted.

Kind regards,

Mark. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem at all. 

I'm glad to hear you've come to this resolution. It would still be as I said above why the error occurred. 

All the best Mark. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos