cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Beeping and Cutting out on outgoing calls

LauraB9393
Joining in

For the past couple of weeks, when I try to dial a new number (ie. a new customer for work, first time speaking to them), about 4 out of 5 calls won't connect, instead I hear 3 beeps and then it cuts off. I have tried both wifi calling on and off and nothing changes.
I have no issues with ringing existing contacts which is weird. I am fully up to date on payment for my plan. 

Can anyone offer some advice please?

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LauraB9393,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here.

When these issues occur, do you have full mobile signal?

Does the problem happen in one place say at home or is it when you're at home and out and about?

Have you tried to remove the sim card and put back into your handset and also would you be able to try the sim card in a different handset?

Regards

Steven_L

Hey Steven, 

Thanks for the suggestions. There seems to be no pattern at all - I initially thought it was signal at work, but it's happening at home as well, where there is no issue. What's also odd is how sporadic it is as well. I'd say 1 out of 5 calls it's miraculously fine!

I've tried taking the sim out and back in again, no change. I will try swapping it over to my husbands handset to night and see if that works. 

I think I'll pop into my local virgin shop one evening - it's really very annoying now! 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks @LauraB9393 

The virgin shops are no longer open so that might not be an option. 

The change of handsets is a fab idea, this will be able to determine if its a sim issue or not. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M