cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay by mobile on gambling sites

Mooster96
Tuning in

Hi I've tried to deposit money using the pay by mobile on 2 gambling sites I play and I'm getting an error message. Spoke to their cust services who can't see what the problem is. They asked if my account was barred from using the service but can't see how wen I was on other sites depositing money 2 weeks ago

14 REPLIES 14

bones1958
On our wavelength

Have you checked with your bank?

I don’t gamble myself but I did receive change in T&Cs notification from my bank recently that mentioned a change for this type of transaction. Didn’t pay much attention to the detail but do recall thinking “that’s not going to go down well with folk who gamble online”. May have been that credit card payments would no longer be accepted and even in certain circumstances, debit card couldn’t be used.

Also, and I guess this will be out with jurisdiction of Virginmedia, there is a possibility that Brexit has changed the operations of the gambling companies you’re using depending on where their operations are based - EU or U.K.  Again something I read that could affect online gambling. You’d need to check that out as well

Natw1181
Joining in

Did you find the answer to your question? As having exactly the same problem. Dont know what they were on about in the response, as its supposed to go off phone bill, not bank! And it also worked for me a few weeks ago and now i cant. Many thanks Natalie

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post and welcome to our community.

We would need to know the specific site you're using, it may say in the terms and conditions that we don't offer the service ourselves but they do offer it for other providers.

If you provide the information we'll have a check for you.

Thanks, Emily.

When I try to pay by mobile it says service provider error

Hi @Mooster96

Thanks so much for your post and I'm so sorry that you are still experiencing this issue.

Can I ask you to confirm if you are trying to make the deposit via a card option or PayPal? If it is via the payment being added to your mobile statement we unfortunately do not provide this service. 

But yet I can use it on some other gambling sites so can't see why ur saying u don't provide this service 

Hi @Mooster96

I'm so sorry for the confusion here, as far as I am aware we do not support these services.

Can you confirm which sites you have used with us? 

I use Casumo.co.uk and I used to be able to pay by phone for the odd bet but now I am not able to.

I have no bars on my phone zero balance & have had a replacement sim sent out to see if that works as your call centre suggested it.

have you stopped being able to use premium rate sms to pay for things.

Good Afternoon aocunningham,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Have you been able to discuss this with the website in question to see if they can still accept this method payment from Virgin Mobile?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn