cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you Go end date

VIPerson
Up to speed

Hi My PAYG ends on 11th Jan according to Text messages received. Hubby also has a VM PAYG phone but has not had any messages. Are some folks able to keep on the PAYG or is the end date variable? As I am deaf I may have difficulties in obtaining the PAC code and transfering to a new monthly scheme or provider any suggestions please. BTW we are both OAP's so need information in easy to understand language Many thanks

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The end date is Variable but I believe all will be gone by the end of January so best to act now to be safe.

You do not need a PAC code if you are staying with Virgin only if you decide to move to another provider.

If you are registered with Virgin you can get a PAC via your online account or get the code by text

• Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984

You will have to ring them to get a refund of any balance, but your husband could do that if you are present and can pass security on your behalf

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm all sorted now thanks to a lovely person on "live chat" I've gone from payg to a monthly plan all in an hour! Also don't even have to change my sim card. The credit left on payg went towards my first months payment so I dont have to claim a refund great service Many thanks Dunhill

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi VIPerson, really glad to hear you got this sorted out, thanks for keeping the thread updated we appreciate it. 

If there's anything else please don't hesitate to post again. 

Tom

Well mine's sorted so I thought I'd have a go at adding hubby's  PAYG to my account.

I went on live chat today and it was a nightmare trying to get them to let me sort it out! the security questions would not go through then to cap it all they wanted the long number off the sim car which is inside the phone! I'm going to try again on Monday and hope to get a more sympathetic person Sorry I had to vent somewhere!

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. 

To confirm are you looking to take your husband number to Pay Monthly as well? 

^Martin

Thank you Martin

Yes that is what I'm trying to do

I had another go today same problem again  because he has forgotton his password  etc ( he is 80!) they are asking for the 12 digit number of his sim card. We will have to wait for our son in law to come and get the sim out and write down the number and then we can start the whole business all over again! What a way to spen a Sunday afternoon!

I'm sorry for any issues you've had with this. Did the agent ask the account holder any secondary data protection questions?

^Martin

Yes the extra security questions were date of last top up and how much - for someone with memory problems those questions were no good at all Hopefully on Saturday our son can get the sim card out and get the desired number for us so I can try again on Monday - what a palarver! Technology is ok  until someone wants to change things .............Thanks a bunch VM for all this needless hasstle

Hi @VIPerson,

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this undoubtedly causes. However, I hope you can appreciate the necessity of us needing to ensure that we follow the correct security procedures to keep account information safe and secure.

Please do keep us posted on this. We're here to help if you need us.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!