cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parked order

S_Nina226
Tuning in

ordered a 36 months contract, but the order status has been 'parked' for days now. I placed this order Online at 17/07/2020.

Asking why(??) chat send me a secure web form for me to answer, (This is the security you set up when creating the account and not for your online account. ~~ what does this even mean?) to put the 1st, 3rd and 5th characters in the secure link. So I did. It came back as incorrect, but definitely wasn't! Chat conversation was closed.

Whatever the reason, I just want it cancelled so I can get a Mobile contract somewhere else. How do I get it cancelled?

Current chat does not respond.

7 REPLIES 7

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi S_Nina226

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

This happens when an order is placed online, and it needs to go through extra checks. Unlike when you do this on the phone, an agent is able to provide the information there and then. If the team needs more information from you, they would usually contact you in 24-72 hours, if not the order would be released. The other reason why this may be parked would be because the credit check had failed. 

Can I ask if this is still the case for you at the moment? If not let me know and I can take a look for you. 

Cheers. 

It has been two weeks and it still says 'Parked'. I haven't been contacted by anyone.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this for us, have you been in touch with the team since your recent post?

Over the forum we can confirm what the reason may be but if this is in regards to credit checks we're unable to run these so it may be worth contacting the team over 789/0345 600 0789 or over text on 0753 305 1809.

Thanks, Emily.

No response.

I called the number but did not manage to speak to an actual human being. Texted, but no reply. I just want it cancelled now.

I don't understand why this has to take so long 

Hi S_Nina226

Sorry for the delayed reply. We're not able to cancel from here so you'll need to either call us on 789 // 0345 6000 789. Alternatively, please send us a text on +44753 301 6422

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

huckleberry
Tuning in

I've also just got a parked order I'm getting very concerned after reading through this thread I was so excited to get my new phone next week ordered as soon as pre orders were available. 

What are the reasons for parking an order I've never seen anything like this in other companies. 

Can't be waiting around for days waiting for a response from them. Not a great start to my experience with virgin media. 

did this problem get resolved as my order has been parked and I'm getting concerned