Menu
Tyke1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Parental controls

Hi. 

I am 34 years old, and have never had a problem accessing things(films,betting sites/apps) on my mobile phone. I have recently switched to Virgin mobile and don’t seem to be able to access anything.

As as far as I am aware, I have disabled my parental controls, but still cannot access betting sites via the mobile internet. Also I have full signal (and 4G) and yet my app on my phone will not open,stating not connected to the internet. 

Can anyone help out there.....?

0 Kudos
rlpmccann
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parental controls

Content control is probably still on. I’ve had same issue for past week and just sorted it by getting in touch using the text option but reckon you can sort it out on your own settings 

0 Kudos
Tyke1984
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for the reply. 

I have altered the parental settings,and turned them off....but it still won’t allow me to access them on the mobile internet(WiFi is fine). Also my bet app won’t load up,it just has the hamster wheel for an eternity,or says no internet connection-even though I have 4G. Really annoying. Does this happen to you/anyone else out there?

is the text service any good? I would’ve thought there was a live chat option but it just seems to direct me back to the forums! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tyke1984, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post; each account will have a content control setting on the network. If this is active it will stop you being able to connect to sites such as betting sites, and this is something that needs to be removed on your account rather than the handset. 

I hope this has been resolved since your post, but I'll pop you a private message just in case. If you still need help, just respond to that with the details requested and we'll be happy to help further. 

Thanks

Lucy

Virgin Media Forum Team

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
baggins79
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok, same problem here. Just got my new plan & phone and experiencing exactly same issues with sites and apps. What's the solution then?

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Log into your online account, goto Manage My Services and turn Parental Control off, alternatively ring 789 and ask CS to turn it off for you. Your phone will need switching off and back on again afterwards.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
baggins79
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well, have switched it off first thing.  'Your phone will need switching off and back on again afterwards'  - what do you mean by that? Should I switch it on/off couple of times?

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just the once :-)

It's just restart phone after making any change to the Parental Control switch, this just make your phone pick-up the new setting.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Gennig
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have been using this phone and had no problem with parental controls. For some reason it as just decided not to let me in to any over 18 sites. I have not made any changes to settings so i dont understand why its doing this. What makes it worse is i am in adult entertainment and need to access these sites for work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gennig,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear of the mobile site issues. Can you log in to your online account for me and change the content control?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos