cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental controls still active when switched off

Aratane
Joining in

No parental controls and still have an error on websites.

Turned it on and off and still blocks the sites.

Tried in different devices and also works on normal WiFi.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Also tried in different browsers and still same issue

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Aratane,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some trouble with Parental Controls on your mobile handset. May I ask when and how it was that you disabled this? What model of handset do you have?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It was turned on then off in the app and did it yesterday and today. Also did it in my account and still same issue.

My handset hasn't changed since it went off. Samsung A22 

Hi @Aratane,

Thanks for the prompt response. Though adjustments to the network usually process almost instantly, there are some instances where it takes a little longer - sometimes up to 24 hours.

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend turning Airplane Mode on and leaving it on for at least 30 seconds before turning it back off. If that doesn't help, turn the handset off completely and leave it off for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on. These steps can help to push through some network requests that are delayed or stuck.

If the issue remains following 24 hours and these steps, let us know and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No, the blocking of the websites came on without me adjusting any settings. I only turned it on and off to see if it fixed it which it did not. 

I didn't change anything prior to the blocks of the websites, so there is something else that must be blocking these websites. Can you check my account to see if there is any settings turned on that shouldn't be? 

Hi @Aratane,

Can you expand on the issue a little further for me, please? What websites are being impacted exactly? Is it all websites or only particular ones? Can you also confirm what message appears when you attempt to access them?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Reddit. Gambling. Adult. The error message is in my original post.

I recently got the error message a few days ago. I did not change any settings for this to happen.

Afterwards I tried to fix the issue by turning the parental controls on then off as they were set to off already. I then used different devices and browsers and still the same error message. 

It is all websites under the categories above

Hi @Aratane,

Can you also just confirm if this is happening via mobile data and also via Wi-Fi? What different devices are also impacted by the same issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Read my original post!

Hi @Aratane,

I read the original post before responding, but I'm hoping that you can clarify when the issue occurs and what steps you've already carried out so I can advise further.

It'd also be great to know what devices you've used and been presented with the same issue as I can't seem to see that you've mentioned that yet in this thread other than the Samsung A22. 

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team