cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental controls Virgin Mobile

VMobile96
Joining in

I just activated my Virgin Mobile phone number and everything is fine except that parental controls are stuck on. I am definitely not under 18 and do not know why this is the default. To make matters worse, there is absolutely no way of removing the controls. Whenever I try though the My Virgin Media app, it says error and that “something is wrong” on your side.

Please can someone remove on the backend system ASAP. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

VMobile96
Joining in

E4AC305B-3C3F-44BC-95F0-B03EBC7C2366.png

35DABDE4-6B3F-43DB-A466-D64325743270.png

DF13111E-3EF2-403D-A3A8-CE32E91E7106.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VMobile96 

Have you tried to do this via your VM mobile account from a pc/laptop?  Sometimes this can work when the mobile app is having issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’ve logged in from laptop browsers as well and there isn’t a toggle there to switch it off. It just says parental controls are ON but no ability to even try to switch off on laptop.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you not get the Manage my Services option?

Clicking on the red banner should open up the toggle on/off option.

Screenshot_20220917-220408.png

Screenshot_20220917-220917.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Ah afraid this is what I have so no toggle to turn off here. Think will need Virgin technical support to turn off Parental Controls on the back end.

3FDA1C46-B080-4769-91F5-79506BC78204.png

DF55E963-172A-40B5-AE99-0CBDA9174E10.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks as if this may be a case of the system still setting up all the account processes following a transfer from another provider.

If you are still having problems in a few days time the VM Forum Team should be able to help further.

Hi there @VMobile96, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with switching off the parental controls on your online account. As this has not been working for you I will send you a PM to see I can remove this for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @VMobile96, I'm glad that all your issues have now been resolved.

Please let us know if you need any future help, we will be more than happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules