cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac enabled phone number transfer

Disgruntled_24
Tuning in

Just switched from Three, returning back to Virgin. Wanted to bring my old number back with me.

Wished I hadn't rejoined Virgin...  its hopeless!!!!

Who does one complain to to get things done?

According to their website the pac code enabled switch should take 2 working days. Numerous phone calls to 789 - answered with a " it will happen next 24-48 hours"..

As of today, Ive now been told my pac enabled switch will now be done in FIVE working days time...........if it happens.

This is already FIVE working days overdue...so that will make it a full ten working days - TWO WEEKS!!!  just to perform a simple function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They do seem to be having problems at the moment.

Can I suggest a note to OFCOM. Although they don't do individual complaints they do place things on file to build up a picture of where networks are failing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They do seem to be having problems at the moment.

Can I suggest a note to OFCOM. Although they don't do individual complaints they do place things on file to build up a picture of where networks are failing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thankyou..

Any idea why these problems are happening-  surely this is just a computer process?  'No human' involved?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think there is some human involvement as it only operates on working days. I know it can involve more than two networks as the original networks that issued the number is involved as well as the networks you are moving from and to.

Other than that I have no idea

Hello Disgruntled_24

Apologies for the delays in processing the number port, we understand the frustration this can cause. Welcome to the community.

As you have been advised when speaking to the team, this is a known issue that our number port teams are working on to fully resolve as quickly as possible. We will update you once we receive any news.

Rob