cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG vs Sim only

Rippem17
Joining in

Just recently(end of January), my payg sim stopped working, I found I had no option but to take out a new sim only contract 12 months unlimited calls unlimited data, this was done on the 27th January, after being told the sim would arrive next day, it didn’t. 4 days later I rang back only to be told it can take 5-7 working days for the sim to arrive. And after getting assurances the sim was on the way, I waited 

By Friday the 4th February I rang virgin mobile again, this time I was told there was a problem with the order, and that it’s didn’t actually go though, so I had to apply again, get a credit check etc etc etc, this time I got an email stating next day delivery still no sim!! We are now on day 5(3 working days) still no closer to getting my sim or my replacement sim for another number order even earlier? 

Can anybody please confirm how long does it actually take for a new and replacement sim to get processed a sent out and delivered?

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rippem17,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your order. 

Delivery of the new sim can take 3-5 working days from the date of your order. 

I would like to take a closer look into this for you so will pop you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Seems that there was a process issue with whoever you spoke to. If your existing PAYG SIM was working prior to the closure of PAYG the switch to pay monthly should have been done without changing the SIM card.

I had a similar experience when the first rep said that I needed a new SIM, however a second call sorted the issue without the need for a new SIM.

Of course if you didn't do anything until after the final closure on 18 January the old SIM will have been shut down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks