cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG refunds

JuneJohn
Joining in

My husband and I both have PAYG phones for emergency use but learn Virgin are going to stop providing PAYG as an option. We are both in credit and want refunds before we swap to alternative supplier. How do we achieve this the customer care operatives were of no use whatever and the phone went dead when they did not know what to do. My husband never set up an on line account and his phone has been locked so he got no help because he could not give a password! This is the second time we have had appalling customer care by virgin. Would appreciate any advice

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JuneJohn, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience when calling us, I appreciate this must be frustrating and not the level of service we expect to deliver. 

I would be happy to look in to this further but I will need to take a few details first. I will pop you over a private message to grab the details and this will be available in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Same issue for me and my husband... We are stuck.. I've just got PAC codes for us in hope to keep the numbers, but we do have some small credit which we had to top up hecause a few months ago we were asked to do in order to keep the numbers... no mention at that stage that they are removing all PAYG numbers... Please can someone reach out to help us request this refund..? We'll be super grateful!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kerossin,

Thank you for making this post regarding your PAYG issue, I'm sorry for any frustration caused by the removal of our PAYG service.

I would be happy to take a look into this for you. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I’m also trying to move to another provider (due to your PAYG service ending), and am also having trouble getting my top-up credit balance refunded.

According to your announcement help page, it says:

“You can request a refund for any leftover credit by registering your details with us at Your Account, then calling 789.”...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing

Yet, after logging into my account and going to the switching section, it says: “Right now, your Pay As You Go credit balance is ****. Unfortunately we won't be able to refund this if you leave.”

Would you be able to help me get this refunded? I already have my PAC code.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've had some trouble with this, so I can help I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm