cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG ending - Can PAC code for PAYG number be used after January 11?

PG144
On our wavelength

I have a PAC code for my PAYG number. This PAC code was generated online on 5 January 2022 and was stated to be valid until 3 Feb 2022.   

I have not used the PAC code yet as I am waiting on confirmation of how the refund of my credit balance is to be handled (subject of another post )

Given that the PAYG service is ending on 11 January, do I really have until 3 Feb 2022 to use the PAC code and transfer my number to another provider or do I need to do something in the next couple of days?

24 REPLIES 24

Hi G4DDS,

Thanks for coming back to us,  yes you can use the PAC code after January 11th, but please do it within the next week to ensure it does not cause any issue?

Regards

Paul.

PG144
On our wavelength

Hello all,

As the originator of this thread, just thought I would update on the progress with my transfer.

On Sunday I entered the details for my transfer to Asda Mobile on their web site. As expected the date given for the transfer was yesterday, January 11.

Yesterday, January 11,  the number on my Asda mobile sim card changed to my old Virgin number, and I am able to make a call and send a text.

However I am not able to receive calls or receive texts on the Asda sim. 

Incoming calls and texts are still being routed to the old Virgin sim card - which is still active - I cannot make calls or send texts ( my account balance is now zero anyway) but just this morning I have received a text message on the virgin sim.

I am fortunate to have an old spare phone.  So I now have two phones with the same number, one for incoming and one for outgoing. 

I have contacted Asda mobile's customer service this morning, got through to a helpful representative very quickly, and they have said they will follow the matter up with Virgin.

I will update this thread  when I can return to using one phone with the number I have had since 2001, over 20 years.

Hi PG144,

Thanks for reaching back out to us and for the update, as this has now been ported and you are able to make calls and send Texts, it can take a little while for everything to complete.

Regards

Paul.

littleme67
On our wavelength

Hello PG144

I came across your message here, and on reading I wondered if the same thing had happened to me regarding no incoming calls/texts. I too was only changed over yesterday along with my old virgin number added by Asda Mobile. I had been able to phone out and text. 

After testing calling my Mobile from my home phone I noted as you had written. The first try I heard a message saying ''The mobile is not turned on'' - Well, of course it was on. Then when I tried again about 20 minutes later another message requesting I leave a 'voicemail'. 

I contacted Asda, explained the situation and was kindly told it would be looked into. 

Within 20 minutes I started to get texts coming through. Hopefully by now your problem is now sorted as well. 

As Paul since said it can take a while for all to be sorted. 

Littleme67

PG144
On our wavelength

Hi Littleme67

It does sound like you had the same problem as I had.

I am happy to report that it looks like the transfer of my Virgin mobile number to Asda mobile has been completed.

Unlike you, I don't know exactly when the issue was resolved but a text message was received on my phone with the Asda SIM at 10.36am. My phone call to Asda Customer Service was at about 9.10am. So if the issue was resolved by their action, that was very good. Of course it is possible the problem would have been resolved anyway.

I am now able to make and receive phone calls and send and receive text messages using the same number on the same SIM on the same phone.

The spare phone with the old Virgin SIM is now reporting an 'Inactive SIM'. After more than 20 years I am no longer a customer of Virgin mobile.

I would like to say thankyou to the people who have helped me.