cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG ending - Can PAC code for PAYG number be used after January 11?

PG144
On our wavelength

I have a PAC code for my PAYG number. This PAC code was generated online on 5 January 2022 and was stated to be valid until 3 Feb 2022.   

I have not used the PAC code yet as I am waiting on confirmation of how the refund of my credit balance is to be handled (subject of another post )

Given that the PAYG service is ending on 11 January, do I really have until 3 Feb 2022 to use the PAC code and transfer my number to another provider or do I need to do something in the next couple of days?

24 REPLIES 24

PG144
On our wavelength

Hi again enlli

Thanks for the further information - I guess the question is what does 'active' mean in the context of porting.

If it means the sim can connect to the network and be used for phone calls, texts or data (sending, receiving or both)  then it depends on exactly when the service will be 'ended' and when the sim cards lose their functionality. Will that be midnight on January 10th - I suspect not, but we don't know.

If being 'active' means being marked as 'active' or some other status within Virgin media's IT systems then the porting may not require the Virgin sim to be operational. I don't know.

What we need to know from Virgin is whether porting will work if the porting process has not completed by midnight on January 10th - and if so what is the final cut-off time / date for porting to be completed. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have stated that providing the Code is used before the cut off date you have one week after that for it to complete.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PG144
On our wavelength

Hi again enlli and G4DDS

I have just seen this from a member of the Forum Team on another thread which is  different to what G4DDS and I were told on 789 earlier today  :

'Re: Ending of Pay As You Go

13 minutes ago

Hi @keystone, thanks for getting back to us.

If your number port is scheduled for 11th, please don't worry.  That should go across fine.  You have a week to do so from when the service terminates.  You won't be able to use your SIM to make calls etc from the end date, though.  I hope this reassures you.

Regards

Lee_R

PG144
On our wavelength
Snap

PG144
On our wavelength

The following was posted in reply to a post by John_GS in a thread titled 'Cant contact 789 about PAC and remaining balance' which contained messages from this thread. 

Hi John_GS,

I replied to your PM on Thursday, and then sent further replies / messages on Friday and Saturday.  Did you not receive these messages?

I used the reply button under your private message to reply - should I have done something else? 

I have sent another reply to your private message this morning. Have you received that?

As I had not heard anything from you after my reply to your PM, and with the January 11 date getting closer and closer, I rang 789 again yesterday. The lady I spoke to said she processed a refund to the card on my account - I have checked my card account balance and this is not yet showing, but my virgin account balance is now showing as 0.00. Transactions sometimes take a day or two to show on my card account, so I will check again tomorrow. 

In the same conversation yesterday, the lady said that the PAC code could not be processed after the PAYG service is ended - this was the information I had asked about in this separate Community post.

I then saw a post by your colleague Lee_R in another thread which provided different information (see below).

Please would you confirm that as long as I initiate the transfer process with another provider tomorrow, Monday 10 January, the transfer will be processed / completed by Virgin's system on January 11 or later. 

I can of course request the transfer online today, but no provider I could find can start to process a transfer on a Sunday so effectively the process would be start on 10 January.

What would happen if the other provider has an issue and they tried to start the process on January 11 or January 12? 

Post by Lee_R re 

'Re: Ending of Pay As You Go

13 minutes ago

Hi @keystone, thanks for getting back to us.

If your number port is scheduled for 11th, please don't worry.  That should go across fine.  You have a week to do so from when the service terminates.  You won't be able to use your SIM to make calls etc from the end date, though.  I hope this reassures you.

Regards

Lee_R

If you go off the answers provided in the PM, this answers the above.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for your message. I only received the message today and have responded accordingly with the answers to the questions needed in the PM. I've now returned to this publicly as a PM is no longer needed. Is there anything further today that we can assist with?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

PG144
On our wavelength

Hi John_GS

Please would you provide a public reply with the information about the PAC codes so that other people reading this might be helped.

Even better please put a 'sticky message' at the top of the forum to let people know and maybe answer the question for others, especially as the people  on 789 do not seem to have a standard answer to this question.

PG144
On our wavelength

Thanks John,

Our messages crossed. I don't have any further questions today - just hoping everything works as it should.

Kind Regards

G4DDS
Well-informed

I'm still waiting for my new O2 SIM. I couldn't find a way on the O2 website to initiate the transfer until I have received the SIM and activated it. The O2 forms all ask for the current phone number of the SIM (which as it says in their FAQ this is available once you have received the new SIM).

I hope Lee_R is correct in that we have a week after service termination to transfer the number!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Volt 1Gb
Equipment: 3 x V6, Hub 5