cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Refund

kylewie
Joining in

Hi there

Like others, I'm chasing a PAYG refund as well, but cannot see any options in my account to action this.

Please could someone advise?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

pumas
Dialled in

You need to have registered with your personal details, so that a refund can be made, but you must call 789 to do it.

OK, thanks Pumas. I have registered, but the phone is in the name of my elderly mother so I don't have access to it to make a call. I'll have to talk her through it! Cheers

Hi there @kylewie

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forum and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling to organise this refund. In this case we would need to speak to the account holder.

Is she able to reach out at all to speak to us in regards to the refund? 

Thank you.

Hi Ash.
Many thanks for your response.
I am the account holder, but I don't have the physical phone, it is for my mother
Is there a 'normal' phone number I could contact VM instead of 789?
She isn't very good at hearing (uses it for texts only) and tends to keep topping up for no reason.
Thanks

No problem, if you are the account holder I can take a look into this with you via a PM. 

Can I just clarify, are you wanting a refund after the PAYG account has been cancelled?

Thank you. 

Hi Ash
Great, thanks.
Yes, that's correct. The number should be transferred today so I assume the account will be cancelled at that time.

As a PAYG account then the account is effectively ended when the number is ported out. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can check this and the refund status just to make sure it is sorted for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.