Menu
Scott1384
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PAC number transfer issues

Hi. Managed to transfer my old number on to my new virgin sim and this was reflected in my contract. However, intermittently my friends receive texts from me from a different number. Why is this happening and How do I fix this? I have had the phone now for two months.

thanks,

scott

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PAC number transfer issues

Hello

If you have an iPhone see this.

The way that iMessage works is that it doesn't automatically update the change of phone number dynamically, so to resolve this what you have to do is -
1) Logout of your Apple ID.
2) Turn off the phone and then back on.
3) Sign back into your Apple ID.
This will force the change of phone number with iMessage and will resolve your problem.
Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Scott1384
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mike,

yes, it is an iphoneSE. Unfortunately it didn’t work. I did what you said but it wouldn’t change the number that the iMessages and FaceTime is linked to. Could maybe they PAC request not have worked?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

That is very strange did you get a SMS message saying the the number has been swapped.

If you call somebody is it the number that your contract was swapped too ?

If it is then in my opinion as an ex Apple employee I would  speak to Apple as that should change the number on Facetime / iMessage there is something going on at the Apple End.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Scott1384
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I did not receive a text saying the number had been swapped. Thank you for your help. I think I need to speak to Apple about this.

kind regards,

scott

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott1384,

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues receiving texts after changing your number.

Can you please go into your device settings > Phone > My Number and ensure that you new number reflects there? If not, you can input the new number there. This should ensure that you will receive incoming iMessages.

Let me know how that goes,

Beth

0 Kudos