cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC codes for different sims

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

OK, so, have 4 VM sims which we are looking to move to 'AN other' network, (due to VM's inability to sort out various problems) 3 of these are PAYG, the other 'monthly rolling sim'

Now, trying to sort out PAC's for these. 

Log into account, click on one of the PAYG sim numbers, where do I go to get the PAC for that sim? As I have 4 different ones, need to sort out each sim and it's relevant PAC one at a time?

Clicking the link 'get pac' this then states a different account number to the one I want the pac for!!

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For each SIM

By Text Message: You can get a Virgin Mobile PAC Code sent to you via SMS text message. Text PAC followed by your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format to 65075 to receive a PAC Code

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

so basically, you have to use the phone you want the PAC for, to send the text? 🙄

Why then, does the mobile account offer you the option of getting a PAC code online?  Pointless really (much like most of VM's useless system..) 😬

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't have to use the text service which is common to all networks  

Just thought it would be easier and you don't have to deal with customer services when they screw things up. 

But if you want to make life hard for yourself.......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'You don't have to use the text service which is common to all networks  Just thought it would be easier and you don't have to deal with customer services when they screw things up. But if you want to make life hard for yourself.'

OK, so, update here.

If I use the text option to get the PAC from the phone in question, (as suggested by Enlli)  it appears that I cannot claim a refund of unused credit. I have to actually call 789, ( and sit in the queue forever!!) to ask for a refund FIRST, then, explain why, (VM no longer want my custom!!) then ask for the PAC over the phone. (Having jumped through the security hoops, and then given my bank details)  

If I don't do this, I lose the credit on the phone. Considering that we have 4 phones, totalling almost £20+ of credit, it means 4 separate calls to 789, 4 long waits, and passing the 'security' interrogation FOUR separate times!! 

Assume VM do this, to discourage customers from claiming refunds of credit!! (hoping customers will just get the PAC and leave the credit as VM's 'Christmas bonus'?? 

Surely, if you request the PAC, (by text) and you are on PAYG  (VM can easily check this without any trouble at all, and the reason you want the PAC is blindingly obvious!!) they could issue a refund automatically, without all the fuss of phoning in??

Not customer friendly, AS USUAL!!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the inconvenience, I appreciate it's not ideal to have to call for the refund but at the moment there is no online or automated process for this.

If you encounter any problems receiving the refunds please let us know.

Tom 

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Tom,

considering that I have 4 sims to deal with, (and the amount of time it takes to get any sort of reply from VM ) sitting in the queue on 789 for hours, for each sim?? I have a life to live, and better things to do than play Russian roulette with offshore 'script readers' that do not/cannot understand English, or what I actually want, compared to what their scripts say, and then try to give me a load of B/S about not being able to arrange refunds (I have been there before!!) 

VM makes it nigh on impossible to get any adequate response in any sort of normal timescale!! Probably because they don't want to lose the 'customer' and hope they will just give up and go away!!  They just make everything as difficult as possible, (or impossible) as a matter of course!!

I assume that you have never had the 'pleasure' of trying to get a sensible contact with 'customer services' on 789?? Having teeth pulled is far less painful, I can assure you!!  Most of the time, they  A) struggle to speak English,  B) struggle to understand what you are requesting,  C) talk over you, D) as a last resort, cut you off....

Hi HughJarsse thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry you're having issues setting up your PACs.  Are you still needing to resolve this?

Regards

Lee_R