Menu
MarPN
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PAC Code

My mobile phone account is responsible for two numbers, each having its own mobile phone. One mobile phone has now been paid for after the mandatory 24-month repayment period, and in two-days' time I'm out of contract with Virgin Mobile completely. Yet I am being refused a PAC code for either phone - why? Also, Customer Services on 789 have told me I must serve a "7-day cooling off period from the end of your (my) contract" - what's THAT all about?

Footnote: customer service at VM (in my opinion, at least) is dreadful and needs to take a leaf out of Virgin Atlantic's customer services book, which are second to none. Only an observation, but are they deliberately trained to be discourteous and difficult to deal with?  I just wonder what customer turnover is like at VM - horrendous, I suspect?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC Code

Hi MarPN, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're looking to leave us and are looking to get your PAC codes. 

You can get a PAC at any point in your contract, but if it's during a contract then it will apply full contract charges on to your account. 

I'd love to take a closer look for you and see what's going on, therefore I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC Code

The bottom line is that "A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text. Once you have a PAC, it is valid for 30 days. If it expires, you can request a new one." Virgin can insist that you settle any outstanding minimum term contract, presumably only if the PAC is actually executed (used).

The PAC is tied to the phone number and not any particular handset. 

It's important to realise that you can't cancel a contract and then request a PAC. If you do then the number will be lost once the cancellation is effective. The correct process is that you obtain the pack from the donor network with the existing contract or pay monthly SIM still live,  give the PAC to the recipient network who will arrange the transfer. Executing the PAC cancels the contract withe the donor network.

Might it be that you've tried to cancel your current contract(s) or pay monthly SIM(s)? And the cooling off refers to that? In which case you need to get that reversed PDQ or the number(s) will be lost

0 Kudos