Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PAC By Text

paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC By Text

I see their help text is up to their usual standard ... missing what to do once in the online account

• Sign in to your online account Then... Plan and device ... at the bottom of that page.
Switching mobile network

You’ll need a PAC to take your number with you, or a STAC to deactivate your existing number. You can request these codes from us.

I want to take my number with me 
Get PAC

I don’t want to take my number with me 
Get STAC

What will I be charged if I leave? 
Get switching information

At least that bit seems right...

first rule of documentation, give full step by step details

teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just tried out the "how much will it cost to leave today", with a £9 SIM only which is in contract till November 28th.

The price come back as £21.10, followed immediately with a text confirmation

Screenshot_20190625-200013~2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I saw STAC today when I ordered a new handset and wondered what that was - that's pretty cool and I will be using that with the 30 day sim that comes with the new phone. People on Three will be glad of this - it's like pulling teeth trying to leave that network! I am a bit confused that a PAC will switch providers and if not used in 30 days will cancel out - but so will a STAC from what that page says - AND you have to give the STAC to a new provider anyway.. so wth..

But I did notice that as well as your monthly charge they sting you the more you actually use your SIM - this should be in the OFCOM ban bin also!

The % multiplier for the Early Disconnection Fee is subject to variable factors such as usage.  It will be reviewed on a quarterly basis, and it may be subject to fluctuation to reflect changes in our costs.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin SIM early disconnection fee calculation can be found here

Tested mine earlier in my online account, £9 monthly SIM in contract till 28th November, would cost me £21.10 plus £9 for 30 days notice to terminate today.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos