cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Replacement Sim

RaasayWarden
Tuning in

For the last two hours I've tried the 789, 150, and SMS routes and so far haven't found a solution.  In particular SMS seems to be a very dim AI app which repeats questions and hasn't respond for over 30 minutes.

The battery in my older phone is on its last legs so I now have two Android phones. I tried using the SIM card from the old phone in the new phone but no joy. So I conclude that I need (new or replacement) SIM card.. 

I'd like to keep the old phone for emergency use. If I turn off power greedy like GPS/Location it's fine.

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is your new phone and where did you get it? What error do you get when you put the SIM in?

All SIM cards currently active should work in all recent unlocked devices.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Apologies - I must have done something wrong but what! SIM wrong way round? impossible! For the record both phones were Sony (models D6603 and XQ-AD51)

Switching the SIM from old to new  phone worked so I can now make/receive calls on the new phone but not the old.

The only outstanding problem is "can I order a SIM card for the old phone?"

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't have two SIMs for one phone number, so to have another SIM with Virgin Mobile it would have to be it's own Pay Monthly plan.

Virgin Mobile don't do Pay As You Go plans anymore, but O2 do.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks again. Problem sorted (well almost)

Graham.

Thanks for the update @RaasayWarden,

Feel free to come back to us if there's anything further you need assistance with

Kindest regards,

David_Bn