cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph unlimited Sim not working

Galacticus
Joining in

Upgraded to gigabit Internet package in January, this included the oomph unlimited sim card but for the past 2 months we have not managed to get this sim working in any phone we have.

That includes iPhone 6s plus, Huawei p20 Pro, Samsung galaxy note 9 and more..

I contacted support on the phone, was on hold for almost an hour before the customer service employee finally answered and after 5 minutes told me there's nothing wrong and its just a broken phone before hanging up on me. Getting real sick of not having a phone because the customer support won't do their job.

5 REPLIES 5

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Galacticus!

Welcome to the community, and thank you for your first post!

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your SIM card. Could you follow the troubleshooting steps on this webpage: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-damaged-mobile-phone? Let me know how you get on. If you're still having problems, I'll be able to order a replacement SIM card for you, I would just need to pop you a personal message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Laurie_C
Forum Team

No phones are damaged as they work with all other sim cards we've tried them with, this is also a new sim card sent when we upgraded the package. 

The account page does not show the sim has any data available and we have tried everything to get it sorted now for 3 months. Thats 3 months of a £27 p/m sim card we have not been able to use and having to use a pay as you go sim.

A replacement sim could be tried to see if it suddenly works or to see if the original sim sent was faulty, but I don't know what else to try after that apart from maybe Virgin Media has not actually activated the mobile sim on the account on their end.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello, 

I am sorry for all of this, I am going to send you a PM so we can access your account.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I'm having the same issues with my Sim Card. it was working previously and now it's not working at all... Can someone give me an update as to whether I now need a new sim or if something can be rectified from your Hub??

Your promptest response would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Will.

Hi Willybee123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your SIM card. 

I attempted to locate your account and believe I have found it. 

I do wish to help you with this and so what I will do is private message you so we can pass some data protection. 

^Martin