cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph deal ended - transfer Mobile number

Sandod
Joining in

Hi, I had a Sim as part the Virgin Media Oomph deal.  The Oomph package has now ended.  I have purchased a Sim with Virgin Mobile and requested a PAC code.  Sim has now arrived, but unable to transfer my mobile number due to being on the same network.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks Sandod. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply, Sandod,

Unfortunately, itis correct, you cannot use a PAC within the same company/network as its purpose is for taking your number from one mobile company to another. There isn't an easy way to move tariffs an packages from one mobile number to another since these are only meant to be done at the point of sale, so for you to be able to use your existing mobile number with your new phone order it can only be resolved with one of these options:

• Send back the phone and SIM and then redo the sale on the correct number
  • Use the PAC to port out to an external company [Vodafone, 3, O2 etc,], then port your number back in onto the SIM that came with the phone order.

You mentioned that you thought the number was cancelled, if that is the case the PAC will not work at all. Do you know if the number is cancelled or do you want us to check for you?

Cheers

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums Sandod and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please advise me if you've explored the possibility of simply changing the tariff on the SIM card that was connected to the Media package?

If you have cancelled your Media package you would be placed on the most suitable tariff for your usage but this can then be changed if you wished to do so

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi thanks for your reply,
No, I assumed the sim would be cancelled also.

Thanks for your reply, Sandod,

Unfortunately, itis correct, you cannot use a PAC within the same company/network as its purpose is for taking your number from one mobile company to another. There isn't an easy way to move tariffs an packages from one mobile number to another since these are only meant to be done at the point of sale, so for you to be able to use your existing mobile number with your new phone order it can only be resolved with one of these options:

• Send back the phone and SIM and then redo the sale on the correct number
  • Use the PAC to port out to an external company [Vodafone, 3, O2 etc,], then port your number back in onto the SIM that came with the phone order.

You mentioned that you thought the number was cancelled, if that is the case the PAC will not work at all. Do you know if the number is cancelled or do you want us to check for you?

Cheers

Corey C

Thanks for the info Corey, I will send the Sim back.