Menu
ncrossy1980
Joining in
Message 41 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph Unlimited data SIM - Roam Like Home Fair Use Policy

Yea I kinda discovered that after the sale, it wasn't a great start.

Fortunately I've got my head screwed on and know a bullsh***er when I hear one, makes you wonder how many other people have been given that spin and have went and cancelled their existing contracts under the false promise that they're now on an unlimited phone contract for life.  Because most normal people don't trawl forums looking through the conflicting information to try and contradict what the official team told them they're buying.

Do I need to put this recording on YouTube or Reddit before Virgin actually investigate this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi ncrossy1980

You would have received a contract with the deal which you have agreed to and if you are unhappy with this we do give you the option to cancel. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 43 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@shawty1984 wrote:

@roughbeast wrote:

@a_ukboy wrote:

Ok, so here’s a post that I did from 5th May this year with exactly the same question! I was also told by CS back in May that the EU limit on the V.VIP package was unlimited..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/EU-data-limit-on-V-VIP/td-p/4001106

I can’t believe 3 months later the answer still isn’t known! 

Neither can I. Virgin Media is beyond belief.

Incidentally FUP is dead! Long live AUP, (Acceptable Use Policy)

It's in the legal terms and conditions of the oomph bundle you took out. It says you need to comply by the roam like home policy which states there is a FUP in place. 

"11. Roaming 1. Our mobile services may be made available to you in countries outside of the UK if we or the partner who provides us with our mobile network have roaming agreements in place. Please check your roaming settings via your account online and ensure that data is turned on via the mobile handset. If you are roaming in the EU, you also need to comply with our roam like home policy. The costs for outside of allowance for EU use and additional services that allow roaming outside of the EU are set out in our tariff table or are available from our team. Overseas network operators may bill us some time after you use the mobile services – sometimes up to three months later, accordingly there may be a delay in when such charges show up on your bill. Please be aware that when you use your phone outside of the EU charges will apply."

AUP is superseding FUP . It just hasn't found its way into all the literature yet. This is not your fault. You can only read what you have been given to read. This is VMs fault. As far as the Oomph Team are concerned the Oomph SIM unrestricted by the Roam as at Home  rules. Again, it is not your fault that VM is tardy in getting this communicated to all departments. This failing is being investigated and righted as I speak.

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 44 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@roughbeast wrote:

@shawty1984 wrote:

@roughbeast wrote:

@a_ukboy wrote:

Ok, so here’s a post that I did from 5th May this year with exactly the same question! I was also told by CS back in May that the EU limit on the V.VIP package was unlimited..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/EU-data-limit-on-V-VIP/td-p/4001106

I can’t believe 3 months later the answer still isn’t known! 

Neither can I. Virgin Media is beyond belief.

Incidentally FUP is dead! Long live AUP, (Acceptable Use Policy)

It's in the legal terms and conditions of the oomph bundle you took out. It says you need to comply by the roam like home policy which states there is a FUP in place. 

"11. Roaming 1. Our mobile services may be made available to you in countries outside of the UK if we or the partner who provides us with our mobile network have roaming agreements in place. Please check your roaming settings via your account online and ensure that data is turned on via the mobile handset. If you are roaming in the EU, you also need to comply with our roam like home policy. The costs for outside of allowance for EU use and additional services that allow roaming outside of the EU are set out in our tariff table or are available from our team. Overseas network operators may bill us some time after you use the mobile services – sometimes up to three months later, accordingly there may be a delay in when such charges show up on your bill. Please be aware that when you use your phone outside of the EU charges will apply."

AUP is superseding FUP . It just hasn't found its way into all the literature yet. This is not your fault. You can only read what you have been given to read. This is VMs fault. As far as the Oomph Team are concerned the Oomph SIM unrestricted by the Roam as at Home  rules. Again, it is not your fault that VM is tardy in getting this communicated to all departments. This failing is being investigated and righted as I speak.

You have the word of someone with no documentation. I've read the legal terms of the oomph bundles which VM lawyers will have read over. 

That said, if you are right and it is being changed (I'm doubtful) you still broke the terms of the fair usage policy as it stands. 

0 Kudos
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 45 of 60
Flag for a moderator

... but didn't get charged.

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 46 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@roughbeast wrote:

... but didn't get charged.

That wasn't in dispute. None of us know why you didn't get charged. We do know that roam like home DOES apply to the oomph unlimited sim like you were told all along. 

0 Kudos
Suprich
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I've just been told on SMS chat today that the EU roaming data allowance is 13.75G per day for the ultimate oomph unlimited sim card

0 Kudos
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 48 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@Suprich wrote:

I've just been told on SMS chat today that the EU roaming data allowance is 13.75G per day for the ultimate oomph unlimited sim card

Interesting.  Another source and another version.

You got a link on that?

0 Kudos
andybevan
Tuning in
Message 49 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to Spain on Thursday.......anyone sorted this out?

I'd call VM myself but as I say I'm going on Thursday and don't want to run the risk of still being on hold while my flight goes without me,,,,,

0 Kudos
Suprich
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Here is a screenshot

Screenshot_20190902-200154_Messages.jpg

0 Kudos