cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph Sim very poor signal in Vodafone area

adyp
Joining in

Have recently cancelled my Vodafone sim only to make use of my Oomph sim, trouble is in work where I used to get a great signal with Vodafone (4g/5g) I now find I can hardly get a signal at all, in fact depending on where I sit sometime no signal at all.

My phone says it connected to Vodafone but the signal is noticeably so much worse than my previous Vodafone sim.

Is it likely to get better or is this the best it get? I thought Virgin used the Vodafone carriers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As EE is missing and Vodafone is present I'm going to suggest you are not on Vodafone but EE. That would explain things.

Your SIM has not been transitioned across yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well technically you should not be seeing Vodafone listed, normally it is replaced by "Virgin" 

Is the SIM definitely on Vodafone and not still EE.

If on Vodafone EE should appear in your network list.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @adyp,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent post. Sorry to hear you're experiencing poor service since switching SIM.

Have you been able to determine which network you're on?

Let us know if you're in need of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Have a look at your network operator list. Here's mine which doesn't show Vodafone (so I believe that I'm on Vodafone), conversely if EE wasn't shown I'd be on EE.

Screenshot_20210916-114615_Call settings_50.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for the replies, I can see Virgin and Vodafone as network operators and connect to Virgin.

So presumably am connected to Vodafone, where I work has a Vodafone mast on the building and most people use that network as it's a large factory with lots of metal creating Faraday cages so other networks don't get a signal.

As mentioned previously my old Vodafone Sim was 4 bars 5g everywhere on site. This Virgin one is 0 bars 4g or even HH as it is now 

😭

Screenshot_20210917-092138_Call settings.jpg

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As EE is missing and Vodafone is present I'm going to suggest you are not on Vodafone but EE. That would explain things.

Your SIM has not been transitioned across yet.

Hi Molly, so it seems I'm still on EE so there's a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Any idea when \i can transferred to Vodafone (I know its before the end of the year).

Thanks.

Thank you for that information adyp. 

To be able to confirm this what I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin