cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph Sim no 5G?

Glenbuck1913
On our wavelength

I have a replacement oomph free sim that I put in my new Samsung S22 ultra, for a couple of days I had a great 5g signal but now I get an average 4g one. Is my sim OK please? I only bought the phone to get a 5g signal, please help.

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @Glenbuck1913, thanks for reaching out today and I am sorry to hear you are having some issue signals.

So I can just confirm before you had a new sim card your 4G signal was perfect?

Are you also finding it is switching between 5G and 4G? Because your new phone is 5G it will prioritise using the 5G connection more than the 4G. As 5G isn't as common as 4G yet personally what I have done to my phone is turn the 5G mode off for the time being unless I am in a major city centre you will find this improves your 4G signal.

Please do keep me updated. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

Thanks for quick reply, what happened was for two days I had the 5g icon on my phone and got a good signal, however last couple of days it's gone back to a 4g signal. Could it be area related? Just seems funny I had 5g now I don't?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it possible to do a manual network search and say what networks are listed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Virgin 

EE

3UK

02UK

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for that. You are still on Vodafone. It's just that Virgin are now moving people to O2 whose 5G coverage is not the best. Not happened in your case

Have you checked here for faults?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Looking at the coverage checker it says there is none!😀 that would explain the icon coming and going, silly me assuming 5g would be good because my wife has it from EE.

Thanks so much for answering. 

Hey Glenbuck1913, thanks for the update. 

As mentioned by @enlli we are currently using Vodafone for our 5G coverage but we are also in the very beginning of switching over to 02.

We did use to be EE but to provide 5G to our customers, we moved over to Vodafone in 2021. However, you will be switched to O2 in the near future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?