cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph SIM vs normal PAYG SIM plan

Hexagonson
Tuning in

I have an Oomph SIM that came with my Broadband package.  I've never used it I confess.

My phone is out of contract with EE, and realising I'm paying way too much, I now want to get a SIM only plan with someone.

So my question is, can I use my Oomph SIM for this, transferring my existing EE number to it, or would I need to start a new SIM only plan with Virgin Mobile if I wanted you to be my provider? 

Regards,

Alistair

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can ask EE for your PAC to transfer the number to virgin mobile oomph sim 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alistair, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

If you already have a SIM that is still activated with us then as mentioned by jb66, you will be able to request a PAC to allow you to move the number over to us. Once you have this, give the team a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 with it and they can get the number moved across for you. 

Keep us posted with how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath_F & jb66.

Can you tell me what the monthly data allowance is?

Will I pay basically nothing a month provided I don't go over this?

Alistair

Hi Alistair, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The data allowance will depend on what plan you took out. I can check the details for you but I will need to confirm some information from you first. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Hexagonson, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad you have all the information needed now. The steps you mentioned in your message is correct. 

Request the PAC from your currently provider and then once you have this, give us a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 and we can get things moving for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Speak soon.

Kath_F
Forum Team