cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph SIM disconnected without consent!!

MIyer
Joining in

On 14th February I requested my services (Fibre Broadband Oomph with 5GB Virgin Mobile) be moved to a different address effective 5th March. Shortly after this date, I got a message from Virgin Mobile stating that my phone would be disconnected per my request. A request I did not submit nor had any knowledge of being submitted on my behalf.

After 5 calls to various teams between, 5th and 9th March, I was told by a Virgin Media associate that the email was sent in error and there would be no disruption to services, to ignore the email and carry on as normal. On these occasions I twice asked to speak to a manager, but was told both times that ALL managers were in a meeting. They told me a manager would call me later, but this did not happen. My phone was disconnected on 11th April and my number which I have used for 8 years has been lost. This has been extremely distressing and will be an administrative nightmare. I've now been without a working phone for 5 days, and was told that the only way to get my number back was to pay for a new contract with Virgin, which I have, with no guarantees of retrieving my old number. This whole experience has been awful and Virgin Media have been unable to rectify my situation. I want Virgin Media to retrieve my previous number and recompense me for the inconvenience and distress caused as well as the new contract I have had to sign up for. 

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MIyer, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the issue has occurred. It looks like this is on the way to becoming resolved. Can you confirm if the number has now been returned to you? Chris

Hi Chris 

Thank you for your response. I have had no further update since signing up for the 12 month contract and have not yet received the new SIM card either to confirm if the old number was retrieved. Please can you help, I would really appreciate it. 

Hi Chris 

As an update, I've received the new SIM card but my old number has not been ported over yet. Are you able to advise how long it will take for me to retrieve my old number? Thank you.  

Hi MIyer, thanks for the reply. I will send you a private message so that we can look at the account and see what is happening. Please look out for the purple envelope. - Chris

Thank you I've responded.

Hi MIyer, thanks for messaging us over private message and glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved. Please reach out to us on Tuesday if there is an issue. ^Chris.