cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus Nord Not Receiving 5G

Xeon5
Tuning in

Hi all.

Since Virgin have switched over to 5G I haven't yet received any 5G signal on my OnePlus Nord. I have checked the manufacturer website and the signal bands being used by VM and both support n78.

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/nord-specs

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/virgin-mobile-5g

I have tried the usual reset my phone, etc.

At the moment does VM only support 5G phones that they supply? Should I of received any new settings via text message for the phone to be setup?

I did receive a message from VM a few weeks ago to say my plan has 5G even though I am on Oomph 15GB.

55 REPLIES 55

Thanks for coming back to us @Xeon5.

If your device is 5g enabled and you have a 5g enabled sim card, then you should be getting the service.

I can check into your account from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message to do so, please look out for the message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Called the VM help line and someone finally confirmed my SIM card isn't 5G compatible. They are sending out a new one. Will hopefully solve the issue.

Thanks for letting us know about this @Xeon5.

I'm glad that the team have been able to send out a new sim card to you, hopefully this will solve all of the issues that you're having.

Please let us know how it goes with your new sim card.

Regards,

Steven_L

So after a lengthy but useful conversation on the phone with one of the tech team at VM it has been found out that due to my SIM being part of an Oopmh bundle these don't currently support 5G.

As confusing as it maybe the Oomph and standard VM SIMS you get from the website are different and at the moment Oomph are running from EE but standard are on Vodaphone.

They confirmed that they are currently in progress of migrating networks so all Oomph packages should start receiving 5G later in the year.

Thanks for the update @Xeon5,

Hopefully the migration process can be completed for Oomph customers as soon as possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hopefully it won't be too long. It's a shame this isn't made clearer to customers.