cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number not transferred over

MrsBizz
Tuning in

Hi there. I purchased a phone for my son on Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. We’d already provided the PAC when ordering the phone and when the new SIM was installed it appeared the old number had transferred over quickly and all seemed fine. However shortly after, messages sent from the phone were showing as being sent from the number associated with the new SIM. 
when I login to my Virgin account it says that the old number has successfully been transferred as of 4th Nov but this is no longer the case. Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MrsBizz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

Does your son currently have an iphone?

If you're indeed using an iphone, please can you follow the steps below to make sure the number is correct and let me know if it works or not.

Go to Settings.

Tap Phone.

Tap My Number.

Use the delete button to remove the old number.

Use the keypad to enter the new number.

Tap Save.

Restart the iPhone.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you! This appears to have worked 😄

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrsBizz

Thanks for the reply!

Great to hear this is now fixed, please do be sure to contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Actually there is one more thing. His messages are coming through as sms rather than iMessages even though we both have iMessages enabled in settings. Do you have any idea why this might be?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrsBizz

Thanks for the reply!

This depends on if the phone is able to connect to iMessage at the time - are you both showing good signal?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Once again you are spot on. I think that may have been the issue. Wifi has been terrible upstairs for some time.

Thank you again for your insight

Hi @MrsBizz,

No problem at all, glad to hear that we've been able to help you out.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!