Menu
JennH
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old/new number issues and calling issues

I took out a new mobile contract with virgin and in October 2020 and transferred over my old number from a Vodafone contract. Since then i’ve had trouble with people trying to call me and getting a ‘number out of service’ message and when they do get through it’s broken. I noticed too that the old number is still registered with My Card so i removed it from here and from my facetime etc. This still hasn’t helped. Today i tried to call a number i have had for years and when it eventually connected it was a german answer message???!!!

Very confused! Very annoyed. Please can someone help? 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old/new number issues and calling issues

Hi JennH, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry for the delay in response and to hear you have been experiencing issues since transferring your number over from Vodafone. 

I've taken a look from our side and all the settings seem to be correct and with no indication of any problems. With this being a live report and your post being a few days old, can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
JennH
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

Thanks for responding. 

Yes i am still having these issues and a couple of other things have started happening now too. I have had a few calls in the last week where the person calling has connected and hears me say ‘hello’ but also hears the ‘this persons phone is switched off’ notice simultaneously all while i hear nothing at the other end of the call. very weird!

Do you have any ideas for helping me to fix the problem?

Jenn

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenn,

I'm sorry for the delayed in getting back to you and to hear this is still an issue for you. It is very odd isn't it.

You mentioned Facetime - so my best guess is that you have an iPhone. Can you please confirm that you have input your number into the phone settings? If this isn't changed, it can cause issues when you use features like iMessage and Facetime. I'm not sure if this is what you meant when you said you removed it, but just wanted to check anyway as this is the common fix for this types of issues.

What happens when you try to send/receive a standard SMS or use mobile data? 

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos