cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why so many people (including Hugh Jarse) has not simply phoned VM. They sorted my OTP problems immediately!! 

Do they not phone just so they can keep moaning??

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They have....

And if 789 can sort it why not the team on here who have access to the same database. 

Also, why have Virgin acknowledged there is a fault that is being worked on.

Don't assume others are lazy or stupid

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'I don't understand why so many people (including Hugh Jarse) has not simply phoned VM. They sorted my OTP problems immediately!! 

Do they not phone just so they can keep moaning??'

Please credit me with a little sense, Marge666,!! 

To be Frank, YES, I have 'phoned VM', and had a new sim sent (didn't make any difference!) Also reset phone numerous times, ( didn't make any difference either!) Also tried VM sim in another phone, (again, no difference) Also tried a '3' sim in my phone, (it works! so NOT my phone!)

Just because you got lucky, doesn't mean everyone will.. There is not one universal 'fix' obviously, otherwise the thread would not be STILL going on now? would it?? 

Basic common sense Marge666!!

If the 'fix' was so easy, how come there are now more customers complaining of the SAME problem?? 

Hi HughJarsse, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the OTAP settings. I would ask that you switch off the WIFI calling/ volte and then try and get an OTAP to see if you receive them. can you confirm how long this has been happening for and is there a particular time of day when they are not received?, ^Chris 

'I would ask that you switch off the WIFI calling/ volte and then try and get an OTAP to see if you receive them.'

Considering my phone does not have wi-fi calling, don't think that's going to make much difference Chris-W1.

Problem has been going on for over a year, been well documented. Have had a replacement sim, reset phone, reset all the settings (even had then sent by VM!) nothing works. 

Have given up on VM, and have had to resort to buying a '3' PAYG sim, because I need to access these 2FA/OTP from bank, building society, credit card, Paypal, etc. Life has to go on, and if VM cannot/will not sort out the problem, then the only option is to move on.

More and more businesses are now insisting on either 2FA or OTP for security.  On '3 I have no problem at all receiving these codes, yet when using VM. nothing. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @HughJarsse,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have been working in the background to get this fixed and are still waiting for an update, if you have now bought a new sim then I do hope this resolves this for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

'if you have now bought a new sim then I do hope this resolves this for you.'

Hayley_S, the new sim I bought is with '3', and was bought because a replacement sim from VM made no difference. Currently having to use the '3' PAYG to receive 2FA/OTP because VM's system DOES NOT WORK. and carry 2 phones, instead of 1!

The '3' sim has not 'solved' the problem, as my VM sim still will not receive these messages, the '3' sim is a 'workaround', which, to be honest I should not need, if VM provided the service I am paying for!!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@HughJarsse, like I previously stated we are working on this in the background and are waiting for an update.

We are limited to what we can do about this from this platform, if you are unhappy please see our code of practice - 'HERE'

Kind regards,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

lauraloo82
Joining in

It's great they sorted your problem but I just wasted nearly an hour on the phone to no avail.  

Still no OTP from Amazon.....

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @lauraloo82,

I am sorry to see this! Please click 'here' to go to the post which will provide updates when we have received them.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team