cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP Messages not received

Vyas
Joining in

Apparently since 8th December 2021 I am not receiving OTP messages from Santander for On-line Banking.  Very Strange it has worked in the past. 

I changed my sim to  another phone and still it didn't work. Clearly the issue is with Virgin. 

I phoned Santander and they confirmed the OTP were sent to my phone. I next phone Virgin Mobile. They got me to reset my phone and still it didn't work. It is now left with the technical team to contact me within 3 days. 

Then I realise that others have also got this issue. 

Pray and Hope! 

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Vyas wrote:

Apparently since 8th December 2021 I am not receiving OTP messages from Santander for On-line Banking.  Very Strange it has worked in the past. 

I changed my sim to  another phone and still it didn't work. Clearly the issue is with Virgin. 

I phoned Santander and they confirmed the OTP were sent to my phone. I next phone Virgin Mobile. They got me to reset my phone and still it didn't work. It is now left with the technical team to contact me within 3 days. 

Then I realise that others have also got this issue. 

Pray and Hope! 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vyas,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry that you're experiencing this issue. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see where you have spoken with the team. 

To confirm was today when you were advised you would be contacted within 3 days?

^Martin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

17 months and going strong!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vyas,

We would like to help with this if you still need it. 

What I will do is private message you so we can get some information.

^Martin

'Hi Vyas, We would like to help with this if you still need it. What I will do is private message you so we can get some information.

^Martin'

And to be brutally honest, The information you give them, will have absolutely NO EFFECT on getting this fixed. You are just wasting your time..

See THIS thread, 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952

And WEEP, because they have been 'gathering information' for 17 MONTHS, and STILL have absolutely NO idea how to sort this out!! 

Quickest and simplest solution, change provider.. save yourself a whole year (or more!!) of trouble....

Had been receiving OTP verification texts to my smartphone without any problem but then they suddenly stopped about 6 weeks ago.

Just discovered they were suddenly being directed into a spam folder but I was not aware of this.

Both Santander and Virgin were very helpful in trying to resolve the problem but could have directed me to check the spam folder.

Relieved that OTP messages from other suppliers are also being received.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry about that geez33,

I'm glad that's been resolved for you however!

If you do have any further queries then please don't hesitate to contact us again!

Thanks,

Kain