cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2

kaseypj
Joining in

Hi all, 

I was reading up about the move to O2, no concerns over here, but I see it says we will gradually be moved over through the course of the year. I’m heading off the the states for a week this April and on my current virgin plan I can’t use my phone at all out there and I need the phone for my trip. 

so I was wondering is there anyway or anyone who I can get in touch with to see if my plan can get switched over sooner because on O2 I will be able to use my phone for a small fee per day (which I don’t mind paying) ? 

thanks for the help! 

kasey

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey kaseypj, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

Thank you for your question today right now we can't do this as its being done in stages, this starts in February.

Later on this month customers will start getting letters explaining the next steps, once this letter comes it will also tell you the switch over date.

Please can you advise how come this does not work in the USA, have got you roaming switched on in the phone and the app. 

Also you may need to increase the spend cap whilst over there this normally would fix it. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't expect miracles on O2 in the USA. 

Calls and Text OK but data limited to an unusable 0.5mbs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for getting back to me, 

my plan doesn’t let me use my phone in the United States at all, but on O2 I can pay a fee per day to allow me to use my data over there, all I really wanted to know was how I can switch to O2 sooner but as you’ve said I can’t do this as it’s something they gradually do. 

thank you, 

kasey