cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 mast not working?!

PamGiles
Tuning in

I’m unable to receive/make calls on my iPhone 14 without the call cutting off. I received a text from O2 saying they were working on a mast problem and that it should be sorted by Feb 3rd. Now I have received a text saying work will commence on the mast on Feb 27 with an update on March 7th! I feel that this is totally unacceptable and that I am paying for a service I can’t use. I wonder if someone can explain why this is taking so long …….

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PamGiles 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear about the delay with fixing and completing the works on the mast in this area. We recommend speaking directly to O2 to see if they have any further information and if you like, raise you concerns via a complaint with them. 

I can assure you that the team will be working hard to have this resolved as soon as possible for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simply because you can never estimate how long it will take to fix. Engineers come out but find parts are required etc. A myriad reasons go through my head.

Happens on all networks 

If at home you can use WiFi Calling

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PamGiles 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear about the delay with fixing and completing the works on the mast in this area. We recommend speaking directly to O2 to see if they have any further information and if you like, raise you concerns via a complaint with them. 

I can assure you that the team will be working hard to have this resolved as soon as possible for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thank you I shall try the WiFi tip. I’ve only just switched to Virgin from Vodafone, never had a problem with Vodafone, hence the frustration.

We appreciate this can be frustrations @PamGiles.

Keep us updated with how you get on with WiFi calling and if you have any further concerns, we'll be here to support if you need. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PamGiles wrote:

Thank you I shall try the WiFi tip. I’ve only just switched to Virgin from Vodafone, never had a problem with Vodafone, hence the frustration.

You have effectively switched to O2. Virgin Media don't operate a mobile network of their own, the mobile side is now operated by O2 but with Virgin branding - and that will all be moved across by the end of the year.

And I'd echo what enlli has already mentioned above. All fault fixes are estimates, and are never guaranteed. All mobile networks (EE, VF, O2 & 3) cover this in their T&Cs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks