cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 I’ve lost service.

chrispy1
Dialled in

I used to be able to get 5G. Now your with O2 I no longer get it. 
And to rub salt in to it. If your already with O2 your offering offers “Volt”

What do you offer customers who’ve been with Virgin mobile and Media for years and lost services?

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin don't use O2 so if you had 5G you would be running on Vodafone. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Is it vodafone or virgin whose mobile data is currently down?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin is having problems 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My girlfriend is also on virgin and has 4g signal in the same house. Virgin are doing maintenance in my area tomorrow so I really need mobile data to work from home

Sorry your correct about Vodafone.
But That still doesn't change the fact that when Virgin used EE I could get 5G. Now that they use Vodafone network I don't.
Then there is all this hype that they have merged with O2 and there extras if your with both.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

5G was never available on Virgin Mobile where your SIM connected to the EE radio network.

It was made available earlier this year when Virgin Mobile started to use the Vodafone radio network. You'd also need the appropriate Pay Monthly plan to access 5G

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-launches-5g-services-...

Partnership with Vodafone

With Virgin Media’s 5G services exclusively using the Vodafone network, the launch is a major milestone in its partnership with the company which was first announced in 2019.

From today, customers who upgrade to 5G will be seamlessly migrated to receive all mobile services from the Vodafone network.

Although Virgin Media have joined up with O2, Virgin Mobile is a separate mobile provider to O2 currently. To use the O2 network with Virgin Media O2 and the Volt bundles you have to have an O2 contract.

Although now not available, for the last few years, 'Oomph' bundles were offered to all Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile customers offering similar extras to what Volt now does for Virgin Media and O2.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrispy1,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your mobile services.

Can you confirm which network you're on at the moment?

If you're on the O2 network, please get in touch with our team over at O2 to look into this further for you.

Please let us know how we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs