cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Hotspot access

mikeb4348
Tuning in

Just signed up with Virgin mobile on o2 network. Can I access o2 hotspots and if so how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi mikeb4348, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any confusion. 

Whilst you're not able to access O2 hotspots, depending on your device and what Hub you have, there are a number of Virgin Media hotspots that you can connect to instead. You can read more about this here: Connect to WiFi Hotspots

It's worth noting that the App does not currently support Hub 4 or Hub 5. Work is already underway to add this support in future releases but due to the complexity of the changes and additional requirements for security the update is taking longer than originally anticipated. We are continuing to work on this to rollout as soon as possible. 

As well as this, unfortunately the out of home WiFi isn't supported on Android 11 or 12 currently. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you mean a Volt package with an O2 SIM. 

If so it should automatically connect with your SIM in the phone

For further details you can see the help section on the 02 Website 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi. Thanks for the reply. No, I haven’t got  Volt package with o2. I have a pay monthly with Virgin media which now uses o2.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry. Virgin do not use O2 and won't for some time as they have just started a 5 year deal with Vodafone.

All new SIM cards operate of Vodafone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks. I got in touch with Virgin about switching to them and did so after getting what I thought was a good deal. (Which it actually is ) As they and O2 had merged just assumed I was going to be on O2 network. I did not check further then and Virgin did not actually state I would be on Vodafone. Now been in touch and they have confirmed what you have said. That I am on Vodafone not O2 and not eligible for Volt benefits.

If I had signed up with O2 though and being an existing virgin broadband, TV customer, I would have been!

Cheers

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are within 14 days you could cancel and switch

Yes I could if I could find a deal as good as the one I got. However, all the better deals have now finished. Hopefully,Virgin and Vodafone will provide the service I need and expect.
Thanks for your comments.
Cheers

Hi mikeb4348, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any confusion. 

Whilst you're not able to access O2 hotspots, depending on your device and what Hub you have, there are a number of Virgin Media hotspots that you can connect to instead. You can read more about this here: Connect to WiFi Hotspots

It's worth noting that the App does not currently support Hub 4 or Hub 5. Work is already underway to add this support in future releases but due to the complexity of the changes and additional requirements for security the update is taking longer than originally anticipated. We are continuing to work on this to rollout as soon as possible. 

As well as this, unfortunately the out of home WiFi isn't supported on Android 11 or 12 currently. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs