cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers barred

Walkerchris15
Joining in

Why does my mobile phone say calls to this number barred when it’s in my contacts ?, how do I resolve ?

thank you

59 REPLIES 59

Ah sorry, I meant that the numbers I’m having problems with were all UK based.

it seems to mostly effect landlines. But when I moved over to Virgin, the format of all my saved mobile numbers changed format and weren’t initially recognised. Had to change my location to Belgium, then back to IK to get them in the correct format. 

Seems to especially effect numbers on business pages/google searches. But then get the same issue manually dialling these numbers with both 0 or +44

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah I can see where the confusion was haha - not to worry. 

It could be that you have a premium bar on your account. This would mean that any number with a charge would not be able to be called - do you have an online account at all? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

A8C94781-3140-4966-BCED-A39AA61353DB.png 

I’ve checked the app, but premium numbers seem to be unblocked. Although, the numbers I’m having problems with should be local rate numbers/included in the minutes plan. 

Thanks again for your help.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It depends on whether the businesses in question are using a number protector etc. 

Don't worry - I will send you over a private message so I can take a look further 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

DrZep
On our wavelength

It seems I am also suffering with this issue - I'm trying to call someone's mobile, an 07519 number so not a premium service, and eventually I get the "alls to this number are barred" message.  I have a Moto G8 phone

Cheers

Ross

Hi DrZep

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear you are having an issue calling this 07519 number

I don't suppose you have any other contacts that start the same that dont connect 

Are you able to dial any other premium rate numbers?

Gareth_L

DrZep
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth,

No this is the only number that starts with 07519, and I haven't tried any premium numbers, I don't actually know of any myself!  😄

Kind regards

Ross

Thanks for replying DrZep

So I can look into this for you in a bit more detail
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Slpor00
Joining in

Hi,

I am currently having the same problem phoning certain numbers. Have you got this fixed? 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Slpor00

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Let me drop you a private message now so we can investigate further, my apologies for the inconvenience. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs