cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers barred

Walkerchris15
Joining in

Why does my mobile phone say calls to this number barred when it’s in my contacts ?, how do I resolve ?

thank you

59 REPLIES 59

Hi Walkerchris15,

Thanks for trying those diagnostics for us. Due to these issue ongoing, we will need to investigate this issues further for you. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

MG1961
On our wavelength

Hi,

I also have a Virgin mobile account, and occasionally when I try to call certain numbers, I get a message saying "call barred". It has happened several times when I have tried to call a family member's phone, which I call regularly. That would seem to rule out a number formatting problem, or anything to do with the way it's stored in my contacts. I have a Samsung S9+. It never used to happen until I switched to Virgin a few months ago - prior to that I was with Vodafone. (Uses the same network, though).

MG1961
On our wavelength
I should add that the numbers I am calling are UK mobile numbers. The family member (my husband) is also with Virgin, I am not sure which network the other problematic callees are on.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MG1961

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, can you also reach out to me as have exactly same problem with certain standard numbers coming up as barred - thanks Paul 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Smithpwm66

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’m having exactly the same issue. All local/UK numbers, getting ‘Calls to this number are barred’.

Tried with 0 prefix and +44, no difference. 

Tried turning off dial assist, no change 😞

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi johnh87, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

This isn't good to hear - I know it sounds daft, but are you able to try and text any of the numbers you're getting that message to and let me know what happens? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Cheers Ryan, the numbers I’m experiencing the issue with are landline numbers for businesses.

I have tried sending a text, but get ‘Message failed to send’

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah apologies I was just going off your previous post as it advised it was all numbers. 

Is it just a select few numbers?

Cheers, 

Ryan.